The saying goes “happy wife happy life,” but before the wedding bells ring the real truth is “happy bridal party happy bride” (hopefully the reality of this statement compensates for the lack of rhyme). A bridal party can be quite the hassle at times. They’re trying to help you have your best day without also breaking the bank, so the stress in the group can get a little heated at times. However, making your brides feel special in the wedding is a key ingredient to any good group dynamic. But let’s not remember that at the end of the day, it is about you!
- Existing-home sales ran at a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 4.99 million in December, the National Association of Realtors said Tuesday. That was the lowest since November 2015. Sales were down 6.4% for the month, and 10.3% lower than the year-ago rate.
- Commercial real estate over the next five years are going to be a lot tougher than they were the last five years, as cap rates increase. “We’re also seeing pressure on net effective rent with tenant improvement allowances. They are going up at a significant pace.”
- Looking ahead to 2019, expect weaker existing-homes sales as the new year ushered in a government shutdown and worsening economic uncertainty. Home sales have slowed after years of strong price growth and modest inventories hurt affordability. More properties are sitting on the market, as days until a signed contract increased to 46 from 40 days a year ago.
- According to Zillow, 25.1% of the nation’s newly-constructed homes had their sale prices cut during the fourth quarter of 2018, up from 19.2% of new homes in the first quarter of last year. At the regional level, Denver had the highest share of new homes with price cuts, at more than 40%. San Francisco and Los Angeles both had the steepest average price cuts at 8.5%.
- Economists polled by Reuters had forecast existing home sales falling 1.0 percent to a rate of 5.25 million units in December. Existing home sales, which make up about 90 percent of U.S. home sales, plunged 10.3 percent from a year ago. 2018, sales fell 3.1 percent to 5.34 million units, the weakest since 2015.
- Previous: Real Estate Market Outlook – Forecasts are Mostly Negative, Great for Cash Buyers.