- How will the Transition Happen?
- How would the Scheduling Process work with two Vendors?
- What are the Benefits/Limitation of Online Proctored Testing?
The latest news from Project Management Institution comes as the transition of PMI test partner from Parametric to Person VUE and the launch of Online Proctored Test for CAPM and PMI-ACP.
A highly appreciated step, there is much that does not meet the eye at first. Both the change of test partner and the introduction of Online Proctored Test comes with multiple advantages.
Pearson VUE brings the following advantages:
- Additional test location: With Pearson’s VUE, numerous new test locations have been added. Taking up the test in a convenient location has never been easier.
- Online Proctoring: Another bright option being facilitated by Pearson is the availability of Online Proctoring.
- An additional benefit for U.S. Service Members: With a global U.S. Federal and military on-base test center network available with Pearson, US service and government members can take up certification in their service area, no matter in which part of the globe it is.
- An advantage to PMI: The advanced registration and scheduling system offered by Pearson will allow PMI to effectively manage test center hours along with providing candidates with scheduling flexibility.
How will the Transition Happen?
For a duration, both the parametric and Pearson will be available for scheduling and testing. Candidates who have already scheduled their test with parametric will mostly remain unaffected by the change.
However, anyone who has scheduled a test on or post 1st of June 2019 with parametric, will be transitioned to Pearson VUE. This might result in the change of test center. The timeline for the change is mentioned below.
How would the Scheduling Process work with two Vendors?
There is no major change to the scheduling process. Candidates will be directed to either of the vendors based on the scheduled time by the candidate.
What are the Benefits/Limitation of Online Proctored Testing?
We would now turn our gaze towards the Online Proctored testing option made available by PMI. There are several benefits that tag along with the online proctoring examination.
- No Disturbance by Other Exam Takers
- Less Anxiety
While there are benefits, there are some limitations to Online Proctored testing as well.
Loss of Privacy
More potential for cheating