- There are numerous training providers who provide formal PMP certification training course.
- Like every project, setting an initial plan and targets are of utmost importance.
- Mock tests not only act as a touchstone to your preparations but also acquaint you with the actual test pattern, type of question and set the correct temperament.
PMP certification is the gold standard certification in the project management spectrum. With over 833,025 certified PMP professionals in the world, it is both highly demanded and highly rewarding.
From higher growth prospect to higher pay structure, PMP certification has evolved as a metonym of career boost in every aspect.
1. Identify your Learning Style:
Introspection is always the first step to success. Are you a visual, auditory, or tactile learner? Do you learn best in groups or individually? Knowing your learning style is important to understanding how to approach your studies for the PMP exam and this is where you need to start from.
2. Review the PMP Examination Content Outline:
- The breakup of questions as per the Process area.
- List of tasks, skills, and knowledge required as per PMI’s Role Delineation study. This provides an insight into what all is covered as part of the examination.
3. Enroll in a formal Study course:
There are numerous training providers who provide formal PMP certification training course. There are numerous reasons why you should enroll in such courses. These training programs provide tailor-made PMP study materials and can introduce you to best practices for PMP exam preparation.
4. Prepare a Study plan and set targets through the course plan:
When you are aiming to ace project management, it is but natural to treat the task of achieving PMP certification as a project. Like every project, setting an initial plan and targets are of utmost importance.
5. Review the latest Edition of PMBOK:
Almost all the PMP courses are built around PMBOK and while the additional course material is useful, PMBOK can provide detailed information.
6. Take up Sample Mock test:
Mock tests are one of the best tools to gauge your progress. Mock tests not only act as a touchstone to your preparations but also acquaint you with the actual test pattern, type of question and set the correct temperament.
7. Form a study group:
Keeping the company of the people with the correct temperament not only promotes peer learning but will also keep you motivated. Often, peer discussion leads to more learning than individual preparations.
If you want to know more, contact us. Happy learning!