- Rising incidences of enteric diseases is growing the enteric disease testing market.
- Lack of awareness in public, poor financial condition, improper laboratory set-up and untrained health personnel in developing countries may restrain growth.
- The North America is expected to dominate the enteric disease testing market.
Enteric diseases are caused by microscopic pathogens that enter the body through the mouth or intestinal route, fundamentally because of eating or drinking any contaminated foods or fluids. The immune system of the body and the strength of the pathogen cumulatively decide the fate of the infection whether it will be acute or chronic. The enteric pathogen can cause further complexities such as malabsorption of medications and immunological disorders.
Abdominal cramps, loss of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea, blood in stools, fever and dehydration are few of the key symptoms of any enteric disease. Enteric infection has intense effect on childhood development and global mortality as well. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention the enteric disease is a serious public health issue which causes around 48 million cases of illness and the treatment costs $125 billion each year only in United States.
The global enteric disease testing market can be segmented on the basis of type of pathogens such as viral pathogens, bacterial pathogens and parasitic pathogens. While on the basis of test type the global enteric disease testing market can be segmented into immunological test, molecular diagnostic test, rapid test, culture test and other test.
Financial and ecological factors, for example, poor sanitation and rising population living underneath the destitution line with unhygienic lifestyle, contaminated foods and water supply attribute to the rising incidences of enteric diseases which in turn impel the enteric disease testing market development. Technological advancement for enteric disease testing with the huge adoption rate of rapid test along with immunological and molecular test platforms propel the growth of the enteric disease testing market.
The organizations like UNICEF or WHO have taken few initiatives for the enteric disease management that contributes high growth to the enteric disease testing market as well. The lack of awareness in public, poor financial condition, improper laboratory set-up and untrained health personnel in developing countries restrain the growth of the enteric disease testing market.
The North America is expected to dominate the enteric disease testing market due to its well organized healthcare infrastructure and healthcare expenditure. Large population, rising prevalence of enteric diseases, unhealthy lifestyle, improper sanitation and poor economic condition positively influence the growth of the enteric disease testing market in Asia-Pacific region.
The Global Enteric Disease Testing Market is segmented on the following bases:
- Global Enteric Disease Testing Market Revenue, By Infection type, 2015-2025
Viral Infections, Bacterial Infections, Parasitic Infections
- Global Enteric Disease Testing Market Revenue, By Test type, 2015-2025
Immunologic test, Molecular diagnostic test, Rapid test, Culture test, Other test
- Global Enteric Disease Testing Market Revenue, By Geography, 2015-2025
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
GCC, South Africa, Rest of MEA
Key Players Identified for Enteric Disease Testing Market include:
Few major players in Enteric Disease Testing Market include Alere Inc., Bio Rad Laboratories, Quest Diagnostics, Becton Dickinson and Company, Cepheid, DiaSorin, Meridian BioSciences, Trinity Biotech and Coris BioConcept.
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for Enteric Disease Testing Market.
- Market trends assessment for the period 2015-2025, with historical information for 2015, and projections through 2025, with respective CAGRs during 2017-2025.
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and future prospects.
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment.
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics.
- A general overview of the industry structure.
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the Enteric Disease Testing Market.