- Perpetually expanding interest in antibody product development is significantly driven by progress in our understanding of diseases.
- The overall expansion of global pharmaceuticals market is also driving growth.
- Therapeutic monoclonal antibodies is now a multi-billion dollar market.
Following the approval of the first monoclonal antibody in 1986, the approval and sales were flat until the introduction of the first chimeric monoclonal antibodies. Further approvals of humanized and fully human monoclonal antibodies, the market for therapeutic monoclonal antibodies experienced a significant surge to become a multi-billion dollar market in the current decade.
With over 300 monoclonal antibody candidates under assessment, this segment will continue to drive the sales of biopharmaceutical products. The number of monoclonal antibody products being made commercially available is rising consistently with an addition of 3-5 products every year.
Perpetually expanding interest in antibody product development is significantly driven by progress in our understanding of diseases. Areas such as proteomics and genomics others continue to provide newer targets for disease modulation. Monoclonal antibodies are claimed to provide the fastest route of clinical proof of concept for inhibition, blocking or activation of new targets.
Since production of monoclonal antibody products is easily open for several platform-based approaches and the antibodies are mostly well-tolerated and specific, the risk of safety issues in human clinical trials of monoclonal antibody products is rare. Hence after successful proof of concept studies with these products, they are observed to undergo rapid commercialization, hence gaining first-to-market advantage.
Another factor facilitating the growth of this market is the overall expansion of global pharmaceuticals market resulting from growth in senescent population and evolving standard of living in emerging economies.
The global platelet rich plasma market is segmented on the following bases:
- Top Drugs
Humira, Enbrel, Rituxan, Remicade, Herceptin, Avastin, Neulasta, Lucentis, Avonex, Rebif, Others
- Molecule Type
North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
Key players identified for therapeutic monoclonal antibodies market include but are not limited to:
Abbott Laboratories, AbbVie Inc., Amgen, Inc., AstraZeneca, Bayer AG, Biogen Inc., Bristol Myers Squibb Co., Daiichi Sankyo Company, Ltd., Eli Lilly and Company, GlaxoSmithKline Plc., Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd., Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc., Merck & Co., Inc., Mylan, Novartis AG, Novo Nordisk A/S, Pfizer Inc., Sanofi Genzyme, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc. and several others
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for therapeutic monoclonal antibodies
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013-2024, with historical information for 2013 & 2014, and projections through 2024, with respective CAGRS during 2016-2024
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and future prospects, major commercial events, etc.
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share assessment, attractive investment proposition and others
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the therapeutic monoclonal antibodies market