- Food encapsulation market growth is predicted to increase significantly in the next five to six years.
- Demand is also increasing for food encapsulation in nutraceutical products.
- Increasing inclination of consumers toward convenience and functional food products is a key factor stimulating food encapsulation market growth.
Encapsulation provides ways and means to protect food components forming cells, enzymes, food ingredients in capsules. Encapsulation in food products is done for protection of sensitive components, preserve and mask proper amount of flavors, minimal nutritional loss, and presence of aroma among others. Basically, food encapsulation involves packing of liquids, gases, and solids in small capsules, ensuring controlled release of components, when required.
Various reasons supporting the demand for encapsulation in food industry include protection of core material to reduce reactivity of air, moisture, light, and other elements in the outer environment, adequate exposure of core material, controlled modifications to the characteristics of the components, masking of flavor or aroma in the product, and others. Food encapsulation allows control on the release mechanism, physical form, composition, particle size and cost involved. Since, all the factors play a pivotal role while a food product is developed; food encapsulation market growth is predicted to increase significantly in the next five to six years.
Increasing consumption of convenience foods and functional foods among consumers has led food manufacturers to develop products catering to the demand for better taste, versatility, flavors and others. Also, the demand for ready to eat products is witnessing surge among consumers, which is further anticipated to drive demand for technologies leading to ore shelf-life, ensuring flavor, taste and quality in the final product. Food encapsulation is such technology facilitating to suffice consumer demand for aforementioned factors.
Thus, increasing inclination of consumers towards convenience and functional food products is a key factor stimulating food encapsulation market growth. On the other hand, there has been an increasing demand for food encapsulation in nutraceutical products. With increasing demand for food encapsulation in food products, techniques such as spray drying and glass encapsulation are expected to gain significant traction among food manufacturers.
The global food encapsulation market is segmented on the following bases:
- Core Material
- Wall Material
Proteins, Carbohydrates, Lipids and Waxes
Bakery Products, Beverages, Frozen Products, Dairy Food Products, Confectionery, Dietary Supplements, Animal Nutrition
North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa
Key Players Identified for Food Encapsulation Market Include but are Not Limited to:
Advanced BioNutrition Corporation , TasteTech Ltd., Aveka Group , Cargill Inc, ABCO Laboratories Inc, Balchem Corporation, Encapsys Microencapsulation, Blue California, FrieslandCampina Kievit, Firmenich Inc., Lycored Group, Kerry Group and Coating Place Inc.
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for food encapsulation
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013-2023, with historical information for 2013 &2014, and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRS during 2016-2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and future prospects for food encapsulation
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, attractive investment proposition
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the food encapsulation market