- Growing prevalence of neurological conditions, aging population and changing lifestyle is driving the CNS biomarker market.
- High pricing of diagnostic assays and lack of reimbursement policies in low and middle-income economies has a negative impact on the overall market growth.
- North America accounted for maximum market share regionally.
CNS biomarkers are projected to gain maximum demand during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026 primarily due to extensive ongoing development in personalized medicines and application of biomarkers in diagnosis. The complexity of central nervous system paves way for the development of biomarkers to enhance early diagnosis of neurological disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple sclerosis and other neurological conditions.
The growth of the CNS biomarker market attributes to the growing prevalence of neurological conditions, aging population and changing lifestyle. As per Alzheimer’s Association, around 5.5 million Americans suffered from Alzheimer’s disease in 2017 of which 5.3 million were elderly patients aged 65 years and above. As per Parkinson’s Foundation, around 60 thousand Americans are diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease each year.
Thus, growing prevalence increases the demand for efficient diagnostic devices to ascertain positive treatment outcomes and further contributing to the overall growth of CNS biomarkers market. Additionally, ongoing development in personalized medicines is driving the use of biomarkers to develop efficient and target specific treatments for chronic neurological conditions.
Of the geographies studied, North America accounted for maximum market share in 2017 chiefly due to the continuous research activities in developing suitable diagnostic devices and treatment options specific to prevalent CNS biomarkers. Support from regulatory bodies in streamlining approval policies further increases the demand for suitable drug development approaches using biomarkers, diagnostic tools for clinical trials and development of personalized medicines. Additionally, high disposable income and developed healthcare infrastructure further catalyses the CNS biomarkers market growth in North America.
However, high pricing of diagnostic assays and lack or reimbursement policies in low and middle-income economies has a negative impact on the overall market growth.
The Global Central Nervous System (CNS) Biomarkers Market is segmented as follows:
- By Disease Condition
Alzheimer’s Disease, Parkinsons Diseases, Multiple Sclerosis, Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis, Huntington’s Disease
- By Application
Drug Discovery & Development, Personalised Medicines, Disease Risk Assessment, Diagnostics
- By Geography
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Central nervous system (CNS) biomarkers market encompasses a competitive pool with presence of established player’s maintaining supremacy. Major industrial players are focusing on the development of diagnostic products for growing neurological conditions namely Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease. For instance, Alseres Pharmaceuticals, Inc’s product Altropane a molecular imaging agent, is being developed for the diagnosis of Parkinson’s disease and dementia. Diagenic ASA is developing to products namely, MCItect and ADtect for the detection of Alzheimer’s disease. Other key industrial players competing in this market are Acumen pharmaceuticals Inc., Banyan Biomarkers, Inc., EKF diagnostics holdings Inc., Myriad RBM, Thermo fisher scientific LLC, etc.
This report offers:
- An overview of the global CNS biomarkers market
- Market trends and extensive analysis for the forecast period from 2018 to 2026; along with historical data for 2016 and considering 2017 as the base year.
- Market evaluation pertaining to each segment
- Qualitative information with respect to market drivers, opportunities and restraints
- A detailed information on the existing CNS biomarker diagnostic kits and assay manufacturers
- A complete understanding on the competitive landscape and profiles of key market players