- Rising prevalence of peptic ulcers, aggravated by the sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy diets, and growth in smoking rate are all driving the H2RA market.
- Increasing occurrence of complications related to peptic ulcers are also driving the worldwide H2RA market.
- The surge in the utilization of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) will drive growth.
The global H2-receptor antagonists (H2RA) market is projected to grow at a higher CAGR within the forecast period from 2018 to 2026. H2-receptor antagonists play a very important role in preventing the secretion of gastric acid and treating duodenal ulcers, peptic ulcers, and esophageal ulcers.
There is a vast range of H2RA products available in the market in the form of tablets, solution, and injectables and so on, which can be easily available through prescriptions or over-the-counter (OTC) channel. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), every year around 6 million individuals get affected in the United States from peptic ulcer disease (PUD).
The surge in the utilization of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) due to growing prevalence of inflammatory diseases, for example, aspirin, and growing awareness related to the better treatment options for gastroesophageal reflux disease, and Zollinger Ellison syndrome will drive the growth of H2-receptor antagonists market during the forecast period from 2018 to 2026.
Factors driving the growth of H2-receptor antagonists market comprise rising prevalence of peptic ulcers aggravated by the sedentary lifestyle, unhealthy diets, and growth in smoking rate. Additionally, easy availability of treatment medications and improved diagnostic techniques further facilitate the market growth.
Increasing occurrence of complications related to peptic ulcers such as bleeding and perforation are the main considerations driving the worldwide H2-receptor antagonists market. Along with peptic ulcers, growing prevalence of other conditions such as esophageal ulcers, and duodenal ulcers will also drive the H2-receptor antagonists market.
The global H2-Receptor Antagonists market is characterized on the subsequent bases:
- Global H2-Receptor Antagonists Market, by Product Types, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- Others (Capsule, Syrup, Powder for Suspension)
- Global H2-Receptor Antagonists Market, by Drug Class, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- Global H2-Receptor Antagonists Market, by Geography, 2016-2026 (US$ Mn)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- North America
Key Players Recognized for H2-Receptor Antagonists Market include:
Tocris Bioscience, GlaxoSmithKline plc, Modi Lifecare Industries Limited, Merck & Company, Inc., Apex Biotechnology Corp., Inc., Axon Medchem, Medochemie and others