- Gellan gum is finds application in wide hygiene and cosmetics products including lotion, face masks, creams, face masks and others.
- Advantages of gellan gum include better thermal stability, degree of structure and setting temperature.
- There is rising demand for gellan gum in beverages, which is majorly due to demand for gelled beverages.
Gellan gum is a basically a polysaccharide, which has high molecular weight and is produced by fermentation. Gellan gum is commercially used for cosmetic, food, pharmaceutical and non-food products in various countries such as China, U.S., Canada, Japan, European Union and others. This is attributed to strong hold and texture provided by gellan gum in sunscreens as it stabilizes the oily factor in creams.
Gellan gum finds profound use as stabilizer, emulsifier and thickener and is either used individually or as a combination with another product in order to develop textures. Gellan gum forms a transparent gel, which suspends with minimal viscosity during the gel solution formation. Other advantages of gellan gum include better thermal stability, degree of structure and setting temperature, however depending upon the gellan gum used and the concentration of gelling ion used to formulate gellan gum for a particular product.
Increasing demand for jelly, pudding, jam, confectionery, marshmallows and desserts among consumers has led food manufacturers to develop formulations, which offer better stability, texture and hold to the product. This is driving the demand for gellan gum among food manufacturers at a significant rate. Also, there is rising demand for gellan gum in beverages, which is majorly due to demand for gelled beverages. Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market, owing to significant growth by gellan gum market in China. North America follows, along with Japan and Europe. Although, gellangum is commercially produced in USA and Japan by C. P. Kelco, the market is stable in these countries.
The global gellan gum market is segmented on the following bases:
- High-Acyl Gellan Gum
- Low-Acyl Gellan Gum
- Food and beverages
- Personal care products
- Chemical industry
- Textile production
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- North America
Key Players Identified for Gellan Gum Market Include but are Not Limited to:
Biopolymer International, DSM, C P Kelco,Xinjiang Fufeng Biotechnologies Co., Ltd., H and A Canada, MeneraBerlian, Transperency Manufacturers, Ingredients U.K,Nanjing Joyfulchem Co., Ltd., Food manufacture. Co. UK.,IHC Chempharm, DanchengCaixin sugar industry Co. ltd., Zhejiang Zhongken Biotech Co.,Ltd.
This report offers:
- An overview of the global markets for gellan gum
- Market trends assessment for the period 2013-2023, with historical information for 2013 & 2014, and projections through 2023, with respective CAGRs during 2016-2023
- Qualitative assessment tools such as market drivers, challenges and future prospects for gellan gum
- Market competition scrutiny tools such as market share analysis, fractal map assessment, attractive investment proposition
- Focus on each level of market segmentation based on product approvals, launch, and current and anticipated market dynamics
- A general overview of the industry structure
- Company profiles highlighting key information about the major players operating in the gellan gum market